Thursday, March 07, 2013

A Body in Motion

While compiling the Berry-Go-Round collection last week, I got to spend some time with an "old friend," which is to say, Laurent, the original guru of BGR, one of the first bloggers I got to know when I started nigh onto 7 years ago (this month). Laurent's been somewhat scarce these last couple of years, life gets busy, as we know! But now he's becoming a prolific and entertaining blogger again, over at Seeds Aside. You never know what he's going to come up with!

So there I was, hanging out on his blog, checking out posts, and I discovered he's also highly educational. I learned two new tricks, and I'm going to subject you to one of them this very morning:

Whoa! I can't move quite that fast. Let's slow Squirrel Nutkin down a notch.

And he can keep that up all day. Now I know where all the sunflower seeds are going!

So, yes, we have fox squirrels at last. They found us, recognized a well laid table when they saw it, and it looks like they're here for the duration.


The Phytophactor said...

You wanted fox squirrels? Well, why didn't you say so? Would have shipped you a dozen or so right away. They are quite handsome, destructive gluttons.

Sally said...

Oh, I didn't say THAT! We've done quite well without them all these years. It was an empty niche (full of sunflower seeds), I guess. Gluttons is a great description!